“If I can’t make it through one door, I’ll go through another door – or I’ll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present. – Joan Rivers
Stuck on the hamster wheel, spinning and spinning in circles and getting deeper into a rut? Here are five strategies to help you jump off and get unstuck:
- Stop Seeing the World through the Negativity Lense (Negativity is NOT cool). Are you beating yourself up for not being perfect? Comparing yourself constantly and feeling you always fall short? Calling yourself “stupid,” “clumsy,” “loser,” “fat slob?” You need to learn to embrace positivity. Think “I can,” not “I can’t.” Think “I will give it a shot,” not “It’s hopeless.” Positive thinking will get you of your rut and rev up your confidence level. This is not some new age hippie strategy… Stop choosing to indulge in negative self talk and mindset.. It’s a lazy thought pattern that will only bring you internal pain.
- Be comfortable in being Uncomfortable! Often we are stuck because we’re afraid to move from where we are. BE daring. BE bold. “Do something that scares every day,” said Eleanor Roosevelt. At Ultimate You we live by the law of embracing uncomfortable in order to accelerate forward in our mission as
that’s the only way to overcome fears and get out of your rut.
You must get out of the familiar, because it feels safe, and dare for the different, for the new. Take an adventure. Make life an exciting journey. Otherwise you stay stagnant and don’t grow as a person. Vow to try something new today.
- Set Clear Goals. If you are not clear on what you want out of life, you may not take action. Sit down and make a list of goals of what you want to achieve in your life, both short and long-term.
Crossing them off as you achieve them will give you great satisfaction. Start with something simple and do-able just to gain momentum, like “ I’m going to eat clean all day” Or “I WILL hit the gym 5 times this week”… From there you NEEED to did deep and start setting goals that give you butterflies, that excite you and give you energy just by thinking about them… Don’t set limitations on yourself when writing goals as this is the #1 dream killer in the world. If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes,” said Andrew Carnegie.
- Get Inspired. To be inspired will change your world. Read about your hero’s life or biographies of great people doing amazing things, people who overcame extraordinary odds and achieved their dreams. This wisdom and inspiration can literally change your thought patterns & show you what is possible but more than that give you the courage to burn the ships and chase your passion with everything you have got!
- Energy Management. #1 key to success is ENERGY and to reach your full potential and have the energy, body and Mind for success you need to look after your body and health. Are you getting enough sleep? If not, try to go to sleep at the same time every night and get sevento eight hours of sleep a night. Are you eating enough greens and clean foods? If not, try having a green smoothie for breakfast. Energizing. Super healthy. Try it!
Are you getting enough exercise ? If not, get into Ultimate you for a work out 😉 Peak emotional stat comes from motion and physiology so seriously start treating your body the way it deserves to be treated if you truly want to look, perform and be at the top of your game.
Your intention with these strategies should be to make them new habits and rituals for yourself and by doing this, so much can change for you.
I live by these rules and now they are my gift to you.
Live with passion